Uncategorized

Gearing up for the competition!

With the competition coming up later this month, I thought it would be a good idea to give an update on how much progress we’ve been making! Our robot, Leviathan, is now fully finished and has been in the water and running missions for the last few weeks, with great results. In addition to the robot, we’ve got our tech…

Update: Dec 29 – Jan 5

Well, it’s certainly been an exciting couple of weeks here! With the mission specs out, we’ve shifted into high gear, building parts for the Tether Control Unit, and for our brand-new proprietary connectors, as well as constructing most of the props for the mission. In addition, Programming has been hard at work tweaking the code for the TCU and the…

Jesuit Robotics 2013 Season has begun!

After an extended period of silence, and the release of the official MATE 2013 mission specs, Jesuit Robotics is back on the air! For the past two months, Jesuit Robotics has been preparing, training, and building new parts, and with the advent of the mission specs, we’re back in the saddle and ready to ride into another successful MATE International…

Monterey Qualifiers

Today, a good portion of the team took the ROV to Monterey to qualify. The good news is, they passed! Now the rest of us are back at the lab with no ROV. However, we don’t need it! We made a mock-up of the frame so that we could work on accessories and mounts. Additionally, we’re taking this time to…

Jesuit Robotics Under New Webmaster

The Jesuit Robotics website is now under a new webmaster: Alan Luu! He will be working to update the site with new content and add new cool features. Alan is currently a senior and is in his 2nd year with the team. However, this is his first year as webmaster so welcome him!

February 26, 2011

The motor code for the brushed motors was completed today. Our code to qualify at Monterey was also created. It takes out lines of code that we do not need. We drilled holes in the horizontal rails of the robot to mount thrusters on. We cleaned an old electronics container in case we are not able to finish our new…

February 19, 2011

We had a smaller crew today as it was a holiday weekend. We were able to start and finish the frame for the ROV. This was the main focus of our day, although we also worked on the electronics. We also used this time to clean the lab, and it looks much better now.

February 12, 2011

Today we tested our depth sensor. We found that it is accurate at depth but not near the surface. We tested a new thruster and it works extremely well. We cleaned our cabinets and put up pictures to make the lab a more “homey” place. A smaller well cap was made and had a few issues that are being corrected.…

February 5, 2011

The outline for the technical report was presented to the team and deadlines were set for each section. Our joystick code was tested to control servos. We started the machining of our rear electronics container. The second prototype for the well cap was ruled out as it requires too many variables to be perfect. Our method to collect critters was…

January 29, 2011

We tested our well cap again at higher pressure, and at 53 psi we had no leaks at all. A second cap that is smaller is now in the works. The design for the rear electronics container was finished, taking into account buoyancy, room for SubConn connectors, room for the electronics, and also after calculating the stress and deflection of…